Sunday 17 December 2017

Mosaic Monday # 66 - 'tis the season

But the Christmas tree is a tree of Fable
A Phoenix in Evergreen
And the world cannot change
Or chill what its Mysteries mean
To your Hearts and Eyes now.

The Christmas Tree, C. Day Lewis.


It was lovely to receive all your friendly get well messages last week, thank you so much.
However despite my best efforts I just couldn't shift that pesky cough so midweek I made an appointment with my General Practitioner to get it checked out.
Her diagnosis was bronchial asthma, the prescription 8 days of antibiotics, a discus inhaler, bronchial medicine, bed rest and a good book!
Little did she know that I've become an expert at doing exactly that recently.
By Saturday morning I was feeling a bit better and thought I'd do a little decorating so the SP brought the tree and just a couple of storage bins of decorations down from the attic, in the afternoon I took my time trimming it and decorating the mantelpiece.
Some favourite tree ornaments.
Olaf from Frozen is new in 2017,
the Redbird was a souvenir of our Hilton Head 2012 vacation,
the French wine waiter also from a HH vacation in 2009.

Merry Christmas was a gift;
 the primitive angel came home from a visit to Colonial Williamsburg;
the silver plated bird was also a gift;
the holly leaf & berry bauble, HH 2009.


library mantelpiece decorated in silver and white with a splash of red

I finished by hanging pair of simple wreaths by the front doors to welcome visitors and I'm thinking that's probably enough for now.


This will be our last Mosaic Monday of 2017 but we will begin again in the New Year on the 8th January 2018 (08/01/2018).





19 comments:

  1. Dear Maggie, I'm sorry you've been so ill for so long, but glad that antibiotics and rest seem to be doing the trick. Your Christmas decor is lovely, and what a gorgeously decorated tree you have.
    Thank you for hosting MM in 2017, and I look forward to joining in once again in the New Year.
    Merry Christmas to you and the SP, with best wishes for a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maggie for sharing your wonderful tree full of collections from your travels. Glad you are on the mend, good that you went to see your GP and get the needed Rx's to help your get better. Thank you for your 66th Mosaic Monday. It has been a pleasure this year visiting and joining in. So many lovely bloggers getting together. Have a wonderful Christmas. Hugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love decorations that have memories x Happy Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie, I'm so glad you are on the mend. Thanks for sharing your tree and special ornaments. Thanks for hosting, I have enjoyed it in 2017. Looking for to a new year. Have a Merry Christmas. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy you are feeling better Maggie. Luv the Christmas tree share. Christmas Tree are one of my favourite things in the Season

    Wishes for a Merry Christmas

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling better. Lovely tree and decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best for a speedy return to full health, Maggie.
    Season's Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are starting to feel better! Take care of yourself! Your tree is beautiful and decked with ornaments that have meaning..which is the way it should be. LOVE your pretty evergreen wreaths! Merry Christmas sweet friend! Holiday hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maggie, Happy to hear you are feeling better. Your tree is beautiful and I loved seeing some of your special ornaments. Trees are full of memories! Merry Christmas and see you in the Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry It's been so long since I linked up. I forgot a mosaic picture. You can remove me as I deleted all those photos already. I will however, join in again in 2018. Thanks. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Maggie, your tree is just beautiful! I love it to bits and all the decorations you shared. It's hard to get decorated for the holidays when you aren't feeling well and I hope all that will be a thing of the past, if not already. You're like me -- your tree is filled with ornaments of places you've been and things that matter. The memories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear you have been unwell, hoping the rest and medication are helping you. Happy holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you a happy and safe Christmas Maggie, and fabulous time making memories in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maggie - I am glad you are feeling better, partly due to the meds and surely, partly due to the decorating! It always lifts my spirits! Your decorations are "joy"ful! Thanks for letting me join the MM family this year - I am enjoying it immensely! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maggie, I'm glad your've been to the doctor and are now on antibiotics. Hope you are better soon. Take care! Everything looks festive. Merry, Merry, to you and the senior partner.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty collages! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas Maggie...I’m glad the meds worked...your decorations are wonderful. I loved that your Dr’s prescription included rest and a good book.... along with the medicine, the perfect get well combination. Keep on getting better and I look forward to visiting again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh your Christmas tree is a joy, ours is a bit of a sad tale since I am allergic to it! Fancy that! Now you take care and I hope you are following Docs orders with lots of rest & good books! I am sorry that I have not been as good at linking as I want to be, I hope to do better in 2018!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!