Tuesday 29 April 2008

Tuesday morning




Cold & damp on the dog walk this morning so I decided to spend the morning being a domestic goddess in the kitchen.


Simple comfort food was called for so first off I prepared banana walnut muffins, a personal favourite, to go with our coffee for elevenses and then a cauliflower cheese with crispy topping dish for lunch.


Muffin recipe:


10 oz/280 g plain flour


1tsp/5ml baking powder; ditto bicarb soda; and half a tsp salt


3 large very ripe bananas, about 1lb/450g


3oz/85g granulated sugar


1 large egg, beaten with a fork


2 floz/60ml milk; 3 fl oz/90ml corn oil


3oz/85g walnuts chopped


ditto chocolate chips


Mix first 3 dry ingredients together, mash the bananas & add wet ingredients, stir until just combined. Add walnuts & choc chips.


Spoon into muffin cases & bake in pre heated oven, 400 f/200 c for 20 - 25 mins




If you have a favourite muffin recipe please share!!


bon appetit


Maggie


1 comment:

  1. Good Morning from East TN, in USA!!

    I am trying to catch up on all your blogs. I LOVE your garden!! That is my dream..we didn't plant one this year but had a pretty decent one last year seeing as how it was MY VERY FIRST! We moved the garden spot and have been making compost and good soil conditions and getting it ready for next year.

    Those muffins sound delicious! What is elevenses? I am a Southern girl, so some of your phrases are not familiar to me...sorry...

    I do love your blog and am looking forward to getting to know you better. Thanks for reading mine.

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!