Saturday 13 March 2010

H is for.........................Hedge Haircut

If only this had happened last week, it would have made a great H post for Mrs Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday meme.

The hedges alongside the little lane that leads to our house received a haircut today, and boy was it severe!
On the other side of the lane are fields where for many months of the year cows graze on lush Normandy grass and so the hedges were being cut back in preparation for their arrival.
(We prefer to think the reason for the tidy up was to welcome our friends Sarah @ Hyacinths For The Soul & her husband who will be visiting us next month).

Every day there are more and more wild primroses appearing in the lane.
Miniature daffodils make their debut in the flower beds.
Hope you're all having a great weekend. This time next week I'll be in Paris!!

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Paris trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are, Maggie...as well as Sarah and her husband. You are going to have so much fun in Paris. Wish I could join you!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salut, I always enjoy all your French pics. Loved the hydrangeas in the previous post. One thing I remember is seeing so many pink hydrangeas in France - love 'em! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! Hubby and I were just talking this morning about pruning the roses and grapes, sugar. He went to a gardening class this morning and for our area we're to prune in February, but here it is March and still not done, but the master gardener said it's still not too late. Hey, we got a couple of seed packets out of the class so it was worth it.
    xoxo
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie, I guess you'll be getting extra credit for the Letter H assignment! Love those little daffodils. Can't wait to see all this for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, I hope you have a great time in Paris! This time next week I'll be in the US with my mom.

    Lucky you to have flowers already! We're still having snow flurries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie love this, anything that 'takes me' to the Normandy countryside is pure pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hedges did get a haircut!! Looks like spring is in the air in Normandy.
    Have a wonderful time in Paris.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!