Saturday 26 March 2011

Vacations & Getaways Challenge with the Inspired Scrapper

A favourite pastime of mine when I can find the time, is scrapbooking.
I became interested in scrapbooking a couple of years ago and one of my first projects was a Memory Book for my baby sister Kathryn to celebrate her big 40 Birthday.
I created a scrapbook page for every year of her life.
Earlier this week, Virginia, a member of The Inspired Scrapper Design team blogged about Vacation and Getaway scrapbook layouts and asked us to share some of our own LO's.
Some of the pages in Kathryns book featured vacations, including her and husband Andrews 10th wedding anniversary trip to Venice.


Family vacation in Florida.


Skiing in Whistler.

On a visit to us here in France.
"A Mother of Two"
Since then I've also scrapbooked some of our own vacations and getaways.
In 2007 we spent some time enjoying the area around Denia in Spain.

Enjoying tapas in a beautiful square
Mr B at the top of the Empire State Building NYC, 2009.
Life's a beach in Hilton Head.
I've really enjoyed leafing through my vacation scrapbook today, hope you've enjoyed taking a mini vacation with me too!

11 comments:

  1. Scrapbooking is one of those things I'd like to do, but never find time for. Meanwhile, the second drawer in my desk continues to collect little bits and pieces for that day, in the distant future, when I make the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some friends that do scrapbooking and I have to say, yours is done very nicely! I have made cards a bit in the past so I have plenty of scrapbooking supplies. Maybe I ought to give it a try!

    Happy Saturday!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? You were in Whistler and you didn't call me? I could have been there in a couple hours. Jeesh.
    Fabulous job on the vacation pages. I have so many scrapbooking supplies and I have only done one album as a gift for someone. Shame on me. You just may have lit a fire under me. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pages ... it is always fun to look at travel pages and remember how much fun the vacation was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie, fun to see some of the pages of your scrapbook. You do a terrific job. I haven't done any scrapbooking in over a year. I need to get back in the habit of doing a little bit on a regular basis. So many things I want to do!!!
    Hope you are enjoying the weekend. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie I sure have enjoyed looking through the pages you've created and you've inspired me. I did a "Story of my Life" scrapbook a couple of few years ago and just have room for a few vacation pages at the end. I've been procrastinating but should get to work today. I made a scrapbook for my sister too when she turned 60. They cruise often and now she's making scrapbook collages of the people they have met on their travels. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did so much scrapbooking when I was younger...don't do it at all anymore. My daughter has done it since grade school...and she keeps everything! Takes up a ton of space, but she actually looks through it all once in a while.

    Your scrapbooks look like such fun, Maggie! So many lovely memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks sis for reminding me what a wonderful gift you gave to me when you presented me with my book - think I'm going to look through the rest of it tonight! KE xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful scrapbook you have made. I have a SIL that scrapbooks but, I haven't done it much. I just do photo albums. I can't believe how quick my kids have grown when I look at them.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maggie,
    I used to do a lot of scrapbooking and really enjoyed it. My biggest project was a huge book for my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary. It was a labor of love and I think I go through it every time I visit them.
    Your pages are amazing!! The layouts are just gorgeous!
    I think you've inspired a few of us to get our supplies back out.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!