Sunday 15 October 2017

Mosaic Monday # 57 - discovering Quimper pottery with friends

Fall is the season of the year that collectors of French faience who are members of the Quimper Club International enjoy the most because that's when they hold their annual meeting.
Although I'm no longer an active member of the Club myself I am still close to many of the friends that I made whilst attending meetings.
During the years that I was a member I travelled to Nice, France; Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL;  and Washington, DC to name a few.
We visited museums; cathedrals; pottery factories and art galleries, one year we even toured a Plantation in Georgia!
Wherever we went there were amazing collections of Quimper pottery to see when fellow collectors graciously opened their homes to us.


You can see some of the posts about those trips by clicking here for Savannah, 2010 and Dallas, 2009 here

In 2017 the venue for the annual meeting was a little out of the ordinary when members were invited to join an 11 day cruise, sailing from Montreal/Quebec City to Boston/New York, with post cruise visits to view collections in Connecticut and New York.



The meeting ended just yesterday and what an incredible trip that must have been, I'm so looking forward to hearing all about it from my friends.


If you'd like to know more about Quimper pottery you can visit the blog lovequimper which I managed for several years but which has sadly now closed or visit the QCI web page.



Last week we toured the Maison du Biscuit together and I teased you with a giveaway for this lovely torchon recette de macarons.


Just 10 names went into the draw and the winner is Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti
please let me have your address, Pat,
so that I can get this little sweetie off to you as soon as possible.






16 comments:

  1. Maggie I am very excited to win the very pretty torchon recette de macarons! I will e-mail my address to you. Thank you so much--I will enjoy displaying this beautiful towel.

    I've always admired Quimper pottery, although I don't own any pieces. Each piece is so magnificently hand decorated--true treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful & decorative pieces of porcelain. Wishing you a happy Monday Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating scenes depicted on the pottery. Seeing this is a first for me, so thank you Maggie.

    Happy Mosaic Monday!
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, first I discover William Morris and now Quimper pottery. It is breathtakingly beautiful. Thank you so much for showing these pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie, I really enjoyed this post. I've always been fascinated by Quimper pottery. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mosaic Monday everyone. Maggie thanks for dropping by blog today

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Pat on winning the giveaway! Quimper pottery is so lovely, and so French. I learned about here, on your blog, and was happy to recognize it when I was in France.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat will love her prize! It was fascinating to read this story! The pottery is beautiful and each piece tells a story, so it is obvious (even to me) that it is collectible But I would never have thought of collectors making discovery trips together as you did.. What a great way to learn history as well as more about the Quimper itself. What great memories each piece of your collection must hold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting post on Quimper pottery, Maggie! I have a vintage flavour in my post today as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so interesting. I'll go look at some of the links you gave us to learn more. Congrats to Pat too and Happy MM! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous items you have shared - and what a magnificent trip that must have been for the members of the club. I love all the pottery pieces and enjoyed the extra links you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quimper pottery is amazing and I of course love all the blue in it and the lovely scenes and creative pieces. I would love to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Quimper and I'm so impressed by all the wonderful photos here. I don't have the budget to collect but it sure doesn't stop me from wishing I could. Fun post, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what lovely china! Amazing the detail on them. Thank you for hosting Mosaic Monday. May you have a lovely weekend. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!