Thursday 15 March 2018

A quintessential English B & B.

After a 4 hour drive through Normandy to Calais, a 30 minute train ride under the English Channel aboard the Eurostar Shuttle, a quick trip to Ashford for an appointment with my optician we finally arrived at Stone Green Farm our favourite B & B, the ideal place to stop and unwind after a long day of travelling and shopping.
Caroline and Geoffrey are the perfect B & B hosts and every time we stay with them it's like staying in a friend's home.
B & B resident Teasel came running out to greet us when we arrived.

After a quick freshen up (we're sleeping in the Boy's Room tonight) we came downstairs to the guests sitting room to enjoy a welcome cup of tea and some home baking.
Caroline's Victoria sponges are legendary. The china is Colclough Ivy Leaf.
This evening we'll be heading to the local pub in Mersham, The Farriers Arms, for even more quintessential English food - beer battered fish and chips and a pint of best bitter (beer) for the Senior Partner his reward for getting us safely back to England once again!
Bon Nuit.

5 comments:

  1. I can see why this is your favorite. I need to check this out. Might be a fun spot to be if I get to England this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a charming and picturesque B&B. The china is lovely and the cake looks delicious. Such a cozy place to rest. Your fish sounds tasty too. I love the photo of Teasel coming to greet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely! My Mum collected that particular china, beautiful. Enjoy your stay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie - I am homesick for my adopted country ... for now I will have to enjoy it vicariously through you. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!